FNR 10 & BIOL 6
FALL 2016 & SPRING 2017
• Composed of 134 native and non-native plant species
• Arranged within the Linnaean System
• Includes Fungi, Seedless Vascular Plants, Gymnosperms, and Angiosperms
• Collected, pressed, mounted, and labeled on herbarium sheets
• Fifteen samples are displayed below
SIERRA NEVADA NATIVE PINE CONE AND ACORN COLLECTION
• Large pine cone collection includes the Sugar Pine, Ponderosa Pine, Jeffrey Pine, Western White Pine, and Gray Pine cones.
• Small pine cone collection includes the the Mountain Hemlock, Douglas-Fir, Giant Sequoia, Lodgepole Pine, Colorado Blue spruce (non-native), Incense-Cedar, and Coast Redwood cones.
• Small acorn collection includes Blue Oak, Interior Live Oak, Canyon Live Oak, Huckleberry Oak, Black Oak, and Valley Oak acorns.